Who We Are
||Who is eligible and how to apply
Who can be seen at the Commission?
Eligible clients must:
- Be residents of Kentucky;
- Be younger than 21 years old;
- Have a condition that usually responds to medical treatment that is provided within our program; and
- Meet financial guidelines.
How do I apply for services?
Specialty Medical Care
The Commission provides services through a variety of specialty clinics held across the Commonwealth.
||Autism Spectrum Disorder|
||Cleft Lip and Palate|
The Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs can provide the following types of services for children with special health care needs:
- Medical Services
- On-site at CCSHCN offices in 11 locations
- Satellite clinics in physician offices and other settings
- Office visits
- Physician Services
- Care Coordination
- Case Management
- Therapy Services
- Related Lab and Follow-up
- Coverage for X-rays and lab tests ordered by CCSHCN staff
- Medication Management
- Nutrition Consultations
- Nutritional Supplements
- Durable Medical Equipment
The Commission does not cover primary medical care. All services must be authorized in advance by your care coordinator.