Chronic Disease Self Management Program
Chronic conditions such as diabetes, arthritis or high blood pressure make life difficult for many. Learning to manage these conditions can make life easier. The Department for Aging and Independent Living is offering help through the Chronic Disease Self Management Program.
The Chronic Disease Self Management Program empowers people with chronic disease to take an active role in managing their chronic conditions. It is a workshop given two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks that focuses on the below topics:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation;
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance;
- Appropriate use of medications;
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals;
- Nutrition; and
- How to evaluate new treatments.
For more information contact the agency below closest to you.
Area Agencies on Aging and Independent Living