Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (Banner Imagery) - Go to home page

Hart-Supported Living Program

The Hart-Supported Living program is for Kentuckians with disabilities to request funds for supports so they can live in their homes and communities and avoid institutionalization. The law, KRS 210.770 defines it as the following:

The Hart-Supported Living Program means grants that provide a broad category of highly flexible, individualized services that, when combined with natural unpaid or other eligible paid supports, provide the necessary assistance to do the following:

  • Provide the support necessary to enable a person who is disabled to live in a home of the person's choice which is typical of those living arrangements in which persons without disabilities reside;
  • Encourage the individual's integrated participation in the community with persons who are members of the general citizenry;
  • Promote the individual's rights and autonomy;
  • Enhance the individual's skills and competences in living in the community; and
  • Enable the individual's acceptance in the community by promoting home ownership or leasing arrangements in the name of the individual or the individual's family or guardian.
Is Hart-Supported Living a Program for You?

Any Kentuckian with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act is eligible to apply for funding. Specifically, the statute for Hart-Supported Living, KRS 210.770, defines what is meant by person with a disability.

You (and/or your family, friends, and the people who support you) should consider applying for Hart-Supported Living funds if you meet the definition and you want to:

  • Live in a home of your choice that is typical of the homes where people without disabilities live;
  • Participate in your community with all members of the community;
  • Decide for yourself what supports and services you need to live in the community; and
  • Arrange for and manage your own supports.

Hart-Supported Living funds do not support:

  • Segregated living models such as any housing situation which physically or socially isolates people with disabilities from general citizens of the community;
  • Segregated programs or activities which physically or socially isolate people with disabilities from general citizens of the community;
  • Congregate living models such as any housing situation which groups individuals with disabilities in an enclave within an integrated setting;
  • Any model where the individual, as an adult, does not have maximum control of the home environment commensurate with the individual's disabilities; and
  • Any single living unit where more than three people with disabilities live.
How Do I Find Out More About Supported Living?

Hart-Supported Living Description
This document contains a description of the Hart-Supported Living Program, as well as information about the following topics:

  • Supports that can be requested
  • Eligibility for Hart-Supported Living
  • Completing your application
  • Submitting your application
  • Application review and funding process
Regional Hart-Supported Living Coordinators

Region 1 - Four Rivers
Mary Behrens
425 Broadway, Suite 203
Paducah, KY 42001
Phone: (270) 442-5088

Counties: Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, McCracken, Marshall

Region 2 - Pennyroyal
Zach Evans
3999 Fort Campbell Blvd.
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Phone: (270) 886-7171
Fax: (270) 887-9221

Counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Lyon, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg

Region 3 - River Valley

Ashley Laslie
1100 Walnut St.
PO Box 1637
Owensboro, KY 42302
Phone: (270) 689-6730

Counties: Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union, Webster

Region 4 - Lifeskills
Renee Hudson
380 Suwannee Trail St.
PO Box 6499
Bowling Green, KY 42102-6499
Phone: (270) 901-5000, ext. 1326

Counties: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, Warren

Region 5 - Communicare

Luann Mink
320 Ring Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Phone: (270) 769-3377

Counties: Breckenridge, Grayson, Hardin, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Washington

Region 6 - DAIL
Tonya Antle
275 E. Main St. 3E-F
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 564-6930 ext. 3806
Fax: (502) 564-4595

Counties: Bullitt, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble

Region 7 - North Key

Emily Schultz
7075 Industrial Road
Florence, KY 41042
Phone: (859) 647-7580

Counties: Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Owen, Pendleton

Region 8 - Comprehend
Mary McDaniel
741 Kenton Station Road
Maysville, KY 41056
Phone: (606) 759-7161
Fax: (606) 759-4895

Counties: Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, Robertson

Region 10 - Pathways
Caryn Turvey
PO Box 790
Ashland, KY 41105-0790
Phone: (606) 329-8588, ext. 4111

Counties: Boyd, Carter, Elliot, Greenup, Lawrence, Bath, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Rowan

Region 11 - Mountain

Jessica Branham
104 South Front St.
Prestonsburg, KY 41653
Phone: (606) 886-4326

Counties: Floyd, Johnson, Magoffin, Martin, Pike

Region 12 - Kentucky River

Brenda Noble
115 Rockwood Lane
Hazard, KY 41701
Phone: (606) 436-5761, ext. 7277

Counties: Breathitt, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Owsley, Perry, Wolfe

Region 13 - Cumberland River
Justin Powell
1203 American Greeting Road
Corbin, KY 40702
Phone: (606) 528-7010

Counties: Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Rockcastle, Whitley

Region 14 - Adanta

Tonya Adams
259 Parkers Mill Road
Somerset, KY 42501
Phone: (606) 679-4782, ext. 2072

Counties: Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Green, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Taylor, Wayne

Region 15 - Bluegrass
Jennifer Smith
201 Mechanic St.
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 272-7483

Counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Powell, Scott, Woodford


Last Updated 6/9/2016