Fraud and Abuse
Anyone who has reasonable cause to believe that a child is being physically abused, sexually abused or is neglected may call the Child Abuse Hot Line below.
Child Abuse Hot Line: (800) 752-6200.
Abuse reports can be made anonymously, however, in order to follow up with additional information callers are encouraged to identify themselves.
For additional information on child abuse go to the Child Safety Branch Web page.
Fraudulent misrepresentation constitutes an intentional program violation of the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and can result in a criminal conviction and loss of services and payments.
Intentional means that a parent and/or provider misinforms the program purposefully to receive services and/or payment for services.
Parents may be committing fraud when they do not report changes that affect the amount of benefits. These include:
- income changes - per hour rate or number of hours;
- change in household size - person leaving or coming into home; or
- change of address.
Providers may be committing fraud when they charge for a child not in attendance at a facility or home. This may include:
- charging a full-time rate for a child that attends part time;
- charging for more than five absences per month without required documentation;
- charging for absences of children that parents have terminated.
To report suspicions of fraud and abuse, call (800) 372-2970
or go to "Reporting Health Care Fraud"