Professional Development Programs
The Division of Child Care administers the following professional development programs, non-college scholarships, awards and mini-grants to the extent funds are available. For more information on all of the grants, scholarship and awards listed below contact your local Professional Development Counselor or the Division of Child Care Professional Development Section at (502) 564-2524.
- The Commonwealth Child Care Credential (CCCC) is awarded as an initial credential to early care and education professionals who successfully complete 60 hours of approved instruction.
- The Director's Credential is awarded to individuals who successfully complete 12 credit hours of instruction through accredited institutions of higher learning approved to offer the Director's Credential Program.
- The Kentucky Early Care and Education Trainer’s Credential is awarded to individuals providing training hours to early care and education professionals. For more information about early care and education workshops, online courses and institutes coordinated by the Training Into Practice Project (TIPP) and/or the Kentucky Early Care and Education Trainers Credential, click here: TIPP Training Site.
- The Non-College Scholarship Program provides financial assistance in the form of scholarships to individuals seeking training for the Commonwealth Child Care Credential (CCCC) and the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential. The CCC/CDA Credential Scholarship Program pays $420 for 120 clock hours of training on behalf of scholars to an approved training organization.
- The CDA (Child Development Associate) or CDA-K (Child Development Associate KIDS NOW) Mini-Grant pays $325 direct assessment fee to the Council for Professional Recognition on their behalf. CDA candidates must meet eligibility guidelines. For more information on the CDA grant contact your local Professional Development Counselor. For infomation on the CDA assessment, contact the Council for Professional Recognition, 2460 16th Street NW, Washington DC, 20009-3575, Phone (800) 424-4310 or visit their website at www.cdacouncil.org.
- The COA Mini-Grant pays up to $900 in accreditation fees ($150 accreditation fee and $750 accreditation visit) to the Council on Accreditation (COA) for the National After-School Association (NAA) on behalf of eligible applicants. The COA is available to Kentucky Licensed School Age Programs.
- NAEYC Mini-Grant the On-Site Validation fee to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) on the program's behalf. Candidates must meet eligibility guidelines. The On-Site fee is based on program level. The NAEYC Mini-Grant is available to Kentucky Licensed Type I Centers.
- The NAFCC Mini-Grant pays up to $500 for the accreditation fee, to the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) on behalf of eligible candidates. The NAFCC Mini-Grant is available to Kentucky Certified Family Child Care Homes and Licensed Type II Homes.
- The Milestone Achievement Award is a monetary award paid to Early Care and Education Professionals participating in the KIDS NOW college and/or non-college scholarship program(s) upon completion of an Early Care and Education credential or degree.
- The Related Educational Reimbursement Expense is a monetary award paid to Early Care and Education Professionals participating only in the KIDS NOW KHEAA college scholarship program upon completion of a scholarship semester/term.
Find an approved Kentucky Early Care and Education Trainer's Credential for Orientation or the 1.5 clock hour state mandatory Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma for Child Care Providers. Click here to search Early Care and Education Training Record Information System (ECE-TRIS).
Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Online Training now available! Click this link: Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Web-based Training and login with your ECE-TRIS username and password.