Kentucky All STARS Parent Information
What does a Kentucky All STARS rating mean for your child? STAR-rated centers and family child care homes are showing their commitment to quality by participating in Kentucky All STARS.
- Kentucky All STARS domains and standards are based on quality indicators: family and community engagement, classroom and instructional quality, staff qualifications and professional development and administrative and leadership practices.
- Any provider participating at a Level 3 or higher has completed an evaluation of the program using a nationally standardized tool, the Environmental Rating Scale by Harms, Cryer and Clifford
- All STARS providers have access to technical assistance coaches who provide guidance in the areas of health and safety, quality improvement, professional development and training.
What difference does quality make?
- Better parent-child relationships
- Greater thinking skills
- Better attention skills
- Enhanced academic performance
- Better relationship with peers
- Greater chance for finishing school and attending college