Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP)
For questions concerning the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP), please check the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you need further assistance please contact:
Assistance with K-TAP
For information, contact: CHFS FSSB K-TAP Section
275 E. Main St., 3E-I
Frankfort, KY 40621
||Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for K-TAP?
A family may apply for K-TAP and other assistance at the local Community Based Services offices in the county where the family lives. For additional information about K-TAP, contact your local Department for Community Based Services office.
- What happens when a K-TAP person goes to work?
- The K-TAP check does not always stop. The earnings may not be counted for two months.
- When the earnings are counted in the K-TAP case, certain deductions are allowed.
- A family member may also get help with things needed in order to keep working
- What happens if K-TAP is discontinued due to work?
- The family may still get some help such as Medicaid or food stamp benefits.
- The family may get Work Incentive reimbursements for up to nine months.
- Child care assistance may be received as long as the family meets the guidelines for the Child Care Assistance Program.
- What are the income and resources limits?
(The above link will open a word document)
- How can I find specific program information about K-TAP?Through this link you can locate specific program information, including the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) Statewide Data Book.