Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (Banner Imagery) - Go to home page

Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP)

For questions concerning the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP), please check the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you need further assistance please contact:

Assistance with K-TAP
K-TAP Information
(502) 564-7050

For information, contact:  CHFS FSSB K-TAP Section
275 E. Main St., 3E-I
Frankfort, KY 40621
(502) 564-3440

Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How do I apply for K-TAP?
    A family may apply for K-TAP and other assistance at the local Community Based Services offices in the county where the family lives. For additional information about K-TAP, contact your local Department for Community Based Services office.

  2. What happens when a K-TAP person goes to work?
    • The K-TAP check does not always stop. The earnings may not be counted for two months.
    • When the earnings are counted in the K-TAP case, certain deductions are allowed.
    • A family member may also get help with things needed in order to keep working
  3. What happens if K-TAP is discontinued due to work?
    • The family may still get some help such as Medicaid or food stamp benefits.
    • The family may get Work Incentive reimbursements for up to nine months.
    • Child care assistance may be received as long as the family meets the guidelines for the Child Care Assistance Program.
  4. What are the income and resources limits?
    (The above link will open a word document)

  5. How can I find specific program information about K-TAP?Through this link you can locate specific program information, including the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) Statewide Data Book.


See Also...
  Application for Benefits
Please fill out the application and take to your local office.

Last Updated 1/23/2018