Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (Banner Imagery) - Go to home page

Housing Assistance

Chafee room and board assistance is contracted through Kentucky Housing Corporation. Eligible participants are able to receive up to six months of housing assistance including rent, utilities and household start-up costs. 

To qualify for housing assistance, the youth must:

  • Have aged out of foster care at or after age 18, but be younger than 20 years, 6 months old; and
  • Currently be homeless or will be homeless without assistance.

To receive more information on Chafee room and board assistance please contact your independent living coordinator to complete an assessment and referral form.


Last Updated 4/12/2013