Volunteer Recognition Program
Are you a volunteer manager or coordinator who would like to say "thanks" to your dedicated volunteers?
The KCCVS can issue certificates and/or citations for Kentucky volunteers at no cost to you. This program is offered in partnership with the Kentucky Office of the Governor. Recognition documents have the signature of the KCCVS chairman, CHFS secretary and the governor.
The KCCVS Volunteer Recognition Program operates year round, with the spring, around National Volunteer Month/Week, being the busiest time for the program. The program is based on requests from volunteer managers and coordinators who are responsible for ensuring the volunteer service deserves the level of recognition requested.
For information on our formal recognition program which involves a nominating, judging and selection process, follow the link to learn about the annual Governor's Service Awards.
National Volunteer Week
April 15-22, 2018
Learn more about National Volunteer Week on the Points of Light website
||Certificates of Appreciation
Certificates are 8.5" x 11" printed on certificate paper. They are an ideal memento and commendation for large numbers of volunteers.
This certificate is presented to <Name> on behalf of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, through the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service.
Citations are 11" x 17" parchment paper with the date and state seal. Citations are especially appropriate for special recognition.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky, through the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service
Greetings, Be it Hereby Known, because of your demonstration of high integrity and ability, meriting our great trust and respect, we are most pleased to award you this Governor’s Citation in sincere appreciation of your outstanding services to the Commonwealth of Kentucky and its citizens.
||Volunteer Recognition Requests
- List names as you want them printed on the certificate, e.g. Mary G. Smith not Smith, Mary G. Do not submit in names in all CAPS. (Double check your spelling!)
- Specify the date by which the certificates/citations are needed.
- Specify the purpose of the certificates/citations.
- Provide your mailing address and phone/email contact information.
- Submit required information to Emily Clark.
Email (preferred submission method)
Mail: KCCVS Volunteer Recognition Program
275 E. Main St., 3W-E, Frankfort, KY 40601-2321
- Volunteer service must be completed in Kentucky.
- Electronic submission is preferred (reduces chance for spelling errors).
- Make sure to double check all spelling before submitting an request.
- Allow at least two weeks for processing and return mail service.
- For citations only, specify the date to be printed on the citation.
- Please limit the number of certificates requested to 50 and the number of citations requested to 10. If more are needed, contact the KCCVS for prior approval.
- Requesting blank certificates or citations is not allowed.
- Requesting both a certificate and a citation for the same person is not allowed.
- The KCCVS, CHFS and/or Governor's Office has the right to deny any recognition requests.
Mark your calendar for future National Volunteer Week celebrations:
- April 7-13, 2019
- April 19-25, 2020
- April 18-24, 2021
Learn more about National Volunteer Week on the Points of Light website.
||President's Volunteer Service Award
America has a long and proud tradition of volunteer service. Now more than ever, volunteers are renewing their commitment to helping others and making new connections that bring us closer together as families, as neighbors, as communities, and as a nation.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award program is a great way to thank and honor those who, by their demonstrated commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
Recognizing and honoring volunteers sets a standard for service, encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation, and inspires others to make service a central part of their lives. The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes individuals, families, and groups that have achieved a certain standard – measured by the number of hours of service during a 12-month period or cumulative hours earned over the course of a lifetime.
Awards are given to youth ages 14 and under who have completed 50 or more hours of volunteer service; to individuals 15 and older who have completed 100 or more hours; and to families or groups who have completed 200 or more hours. Lifetime achievement is recognized with a special President's Call to Service Award, which honors those who have provided more than 4,000 hours of service during the course of their lifetime.
Learn more about the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
The ROS Key for the KCCVS is LBR-37423.