Volunteer Recognition Program
Are you a volunteer manager or coordinator who would like to say "thanks" to your dedicated volunteers?
The KCCVS can issue certificates of appreciation and/or governor's citations signed by the governor at no cost to you.
The KCCVS Volunteer Recognition Program operates year round, with the spring, around National Volunteer Month/Week, being the busiest time for the program. The program is based on requests from volunteer managers and coordinators who are responsible for ensuring the volunteer service deserves the level of recognition requested.
For information on our formal recognition program which involves a nominating, judging and selection process, follow the link to learn about the annual Governor's Awards for Volunteerism and Service.
Submit photos from your recognition event on the KCCVS Facebook page!
||Certificates of Appreciation
Certificates are 8.5" x 11" printed on white certificate paper with the governor's signature. They are an ideal memento and commendation for large numbers of volunteers.
This certificate is presented to <Name> on behalf of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, through the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service.
Citations are 11" x 17" parchment paper with the date, governor's signature and state seal. Citations are especially appropriate for special recognition.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky, through the Cabinet for Health and Family Services and the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service
Greetings, Be it Hereby Known, because of your demonstration of high integrity and ability, meriting our great trust and respect, we are most pleased to award you this Governor’s Citation in sincere appreciation of your outstanding services to the Commonwealth of Kentucky and its citizens.
- Electronic submission is preferred (reduces chance for spelling errors).
- Make sure to double check all spelling before submitting an request.
- Allow at least two weeks for processing and return mail service.
- For citations only, specify the date to be printed on the citation.
- Please limit the number of certificates requested to 50.
- Please limit the number of citations requested to 10.
- Requesting blank certificates or citations is not allowed.
- Requesting both a certificate and a citation for the same person is not allowed.
- If more are needed, contact the KCCVS for prior approval.
- List names as you want them printed on the certificate, e.g. Mary G. Smith not Smith, Mary G. Do not submit in names in all CAPS. (Double check your spelling!)
- Specify the date by which the certificates/citations are needed.
- Specify the purpose of the certificates/citations.
- Provide your mailing address and phone/email contact information.
- Submit required information to Shannon Ramsey.
*Preferred submission method
KCCVS Volunteer Recognition Program
275 E. Main St., 3W-E
Frankfort, KY 40601-2321
Shannon Ramsey's extension is 3841
April 6-13, 2014
April 12-15, 2015
April 10-17, 2016
Learn more about National Volunteer Week on the Points of Light website.
||Kentucky Volunteer Week Archives
Governor Steve Beshear proclaimed April 21-27, 2013 as Volunteer Week in Kentucky. Check out the proclamation.
Governor Steve Beshear proclaimed April 15-21, 2012 as Volunteer Week in Kentucky. Check out the proclamation.
Governor Steve Beshear proclaimed April 10-16, 2011 as Volunteer Week in Kentucky. Check out the proclamation.
Gov. Steve Beshear proclaimed April 18-24, 2010 as Volunteer Week in Kentucky. Check out the proclamation and press release.