Home and Community Based Waiver Program
The Home and Community Based (HCB) Waiver program provides services and support to elderly people or children and adults with disabilities to help them to remain in or return to their homes.
Attention CDO-PDS Waiver Members
The Department for Medicaid Services (DMS) issued a letter to Home and Community Based Waiver Members who use the Bluegrass Area Development District (BGADD) agency for Consumer Directed Option or Participant Directed Services. Medicaid members using BGADD for support broker or fiscal intermediary services will not be losing Medicaid eligibility or services. The Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) will transition those services to a different agency with no disruption in service. For questions or concerns, please contact DAIL at 502-564-6930 and ask to speak to a CDO/PDS staff person. You may also call DMS at 502-564-5560.
View a copy of the DMS letter to CDO-PDS Waiver Members on BGADD
Home and Community Based Provider Letter #A-2; Adult Day Care Provider Letter #A- 42 - Survey of Non-Residential Waiver Providers (October 7, 2014)
Waiver Provider Letter #WP-A1 - New Federal Rule for HCB Settings
March 10,2014 - Notice: Adult day health care providers (Provider Type 43) - The CPT code 92506 (evaluation of speech, language, voice and communication) was deleted by CMS on Jan. 1, 2014. This code has been replaced with the following CPT codes:
- 92521-Evaluation of speech fluency (stuttering, cluttering).
- 92522- Evaluation of speech sound production (articulation, phonological process, apraxia, dysarthria).
- 92523- Evaluation of speech sound production (articulation, phonological process, apraxia, dysarthria); with evaluation of language comprehension and expression (receptive and expressive language).
- 92524- Behavioral and qualitative analysis of voice and resonance.
- 92610-Evaluation for Dysphagia
- 96105- Evaluation for Aphasia
- 96125- Cognitive performance testing
- 92507- Treatments for speech/auditory disorders
- 92526- Treatment sessions for dysphagia
The speech therapy provider must use the most descriptive CPT code for the service being provided to the member.
July 1, 2013 - Home and Community Based Waiver Program Provider Letter #A-1; Adult Day Healthcare Provider Letter #A-41 - HCBW/ADHC On-Site Provider Survey Changes
May 31, 2013 - The Department for Medicaid Services has contracted with Carewise Health to perform first-line monitoring/survey of the HCBW and ADHC services.
||Who is eligible for services?
- Are elderly or disabled
- Meet nursing facility level of care (as defined in 907 KAR 1:022), who, without services, would be admitted to a nursing facility.
- Are financially eligible for Medicaid services (special financial eligibility for Medicaid is applied for this program).
||How do I apply?
||What services are covered?
- Case Management
- Minor Home Adaptation
- Adult Day Health Care
- Personal Care
- Attendant Care
- Respite Care
||What is Consumer Directed Option?
The Consumer Directed Option (CDO) is an alternative approach for delivery of non-medical, non-residential HCB services. These services now include:
- Support Broker
- Personal Care
- Attendant Care
- Unskilled Respite Care
- Goods and Minor Home Adaptation
For more information about Consumer Directed Option Services for HCB, visit the DMS CDO page.