Important News Regarding MMIS Replacement RFP
To view RFP see Medicaid Enterprise Management System and Fiscal Agent Replacement
Notice to all Interested Vendors:
The Commonwealth of Kentucky (Commonwealth), Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) intends to release a Request for Proposal (RFP) to procure services needed to replace the Commonwealth’s current Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). This RFP is planned for formal release during the first week of February 2013. The replacement system will be referred to as the Medicaid Enterprise Management System (MEMS). The Commonwealth has a contract with the current vendor until November 2014 with extensions available through November 2016.
The Commonwealth is firmly committed to providing a fair and competitive opportunity for all interested vendors to respond with proposals for this critical system and services. In an effort to provide adequate preparation time and improved transparency, a draft copy of Section 30 (Scope of Work), and Section 40 (Terms and Conditions) are available for review in the following documents.
It is important to note this pre-release material is subject to additional changes prior to formal release in February.
In addition, all vendors are encouraged to attend a pre-release vendor’s conference to be held January 24, 2013 from 2:30-5:00 EST located at 101 Cold Harbor, Frankfort, KY. The Commonwealth will provide a brief presentation of the RFP contents and facilitate an open discussion related to this procurement.
- Design, Development and Implementation (DDI) of a Replacement System (MEMS) with a 30 month duration
- Takeover of Current MMIS System
- Vendors may bid Replacement, Takeover, or Both
- The Commonwealth, at our discretion, may choose Replacement Only, Takeover Only or Replacement/Takeover
- Options to Buy within this RFP will include:
- System Hosting and Disaster Recovery
- Utilization Management (UM)
- Decision Support System (DSS)
- This RFP does not include:
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM)
- Medicaid Waiver Management System
- Tentative RFP schedule:
- Release early February 2013
- Proposals due 90 days after release
- There will be a vendor conference and two opportunities for questions
- Contract(s) to be awarded in July 2013
MEMS RFP Pre-Release Vendor Conference
Held at 101 Cold Harbor, Frankfort, KY on Thursday 01/24/2013, 2:30PM