KY Medicaid Waiver Management Application Page
Welcome to the Kentucky Medicaid Waiver Management Application (MWMA) Information page. This page will serve as a one-stop resource for the latest information related to the MWMA project and its implementation.
Please be sure to visit this page periodically as content will be updated on an ongoing basis.
Attention Medicaid Waiver Providers
Please read the provider communications listed below regarding the updates to the MWMA effective Feb. 29, 2016. There are tip sheets, job aids and web-based training available to help you understand how to use the system. Please review those to familiarize yourself with the system. If those do not answer your questions or you are experiencing difficulty, please contact the call center at the number listed below.
New MWMA Training Materials Now Available: Training materials covering both revised and new system functionality are now available on the MWMA Training Portal. Materials include the MWMA User Guide, job aids, tip sheets and the web-based training courses. As a reminder, individuals must be registered TRIS users to access the training portal. Access to the Training Portal can be requested by sending your name and email address to the MWMA mailbox.
Assistance with MWMA: If you are encountering technical issues, system error messages, or has general questions about MWMA, please contact the MWMA/Partner Portal Contact Center. Representatives are available Monday- Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time and can be reached by email or at 1-800-635-2570. (After the DMS welcome message plays, press "1", "6" and "2" to be transferred directly to the MWMA Contact Center.)
Training Materials on the Plan of Care (POC) Modification Process is Now Available on the MWMA Training Portal
(Sept. 23, 2015) - Version 5 of the MWMA User Guide includes new guidance on the plan of care (POC) modification process in addition to the following updates
- Section 6: Performing a Level of Care (LOC) Assessment
- Section 11: Performing a Level of Care (LOC) Reassessment
A new job aid on the plan of care (POC) modification process is also available on the Portal.
MWMA users who do not have access to the MWMA Training Portal can request access by sending an email to the MWMA mailbox.
MWMA Transition Extension Announcement
(July 24, 2015) - Read the MWMA Transition Extension Announcement
MWMA Go-Live Announcement
Read the MWMA Go-Live Announcement
The Medicaid Partner Portal (MPPA) is Live
Read the MPPA Go-Live Announcement. For more information, please visit the Medicaid Partner Portal Information Page.
Return to top of Page
||Medicaid Waiver Management Application Overview
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) is continuing to improve the existing Home and Community Based Service (HCBS) programs. To guide these improvements, CHFS has identified seven improvement objectives:
- Streamline how individuals and authorized representatives access and apply for services (i.e., No Wrong Door).
- Provide a portal for individuals and or their representatives to access their info review and approve timesheets electronically.
- Ensure the right people are being enrolled in the right programs.
- Once enrolled, ensure individuals are receiving the services they need.
- Optimize the sharing of information about individual care needs among authorized direct providers thereby reducing paperwork.
- Allow for more timely authorization of services and eliminate faxing.
- Implement the final rules issued by CMS for HCBS Waiver Programs.
Several initiatives are underway to meet these objectives. One such initiative is the implementation of the Medicaid Waiver Management Application (MWMA) which includes system functionality that will evolve over time. The application will be available to users in three phases:
- The first release (planned for April 17) of the application will be used exclusively by case managers, quality improvement organization staff and CHFS staff. This release addresses key objectives to ensure the appropriate individuals are enrolled in HCB waiver programs and receiving the right services.
- The second release (planned for December 2015) will give direct service providers the ability to access MWMA, view level-of-care and plan-of-care details and enter and submit incident reports (provider portal). In addition, this release will add functionality to support participant-directed services.
- As part of the commonwealth's long-term vision, MWMA will integrate with the Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE) offering authorized case managers and service providers greater access to share health information for individuals they serve.
MWMA will not eliminate the need for an electronic health record system, include billing services to submit claims to CHFS for payment or eliminate the need for those agency system capabilities. MWMA supports the No Wrong Door concept by allowing those involved in an individual's care the ability to see the identified service needs (case plans, prior authorization, etc.) and supporting documents. The KHIE interface will allow vital health information to be shared to promote effective patient care. The goal is to allow providers to share documents and structured data using the KHIE by 2016.
Return to top of Page
||Learn More about MWMA
For more information on MWMA, please be sure to check out the MWMA Information Bulletin, a periodical dedicated to providing updates on the MWMA project and what case managers and other users can expect when the system goes live in April. Past bulletin topics include:
In addition to the Information Bulletins, the MWMA Resources tab offers important information on the MWMA implementation.
For additional questions, please email the MWMA mailbox.
Return to top of Page