What is the KY-EDRS?
The Kentucky Electronic Death Registration System (KY-EDRS) enables participants in the death registration process to file death records online with the Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics (OVS), creating the option of a paperless system.
The online KY-EDRS facilitates collaboration among multiple death registration users, including funeral homes, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, coroners and OVS.
With KY-EDRS, funeral directors, physicians and medical certifiers will be able to complete their portion of the death registration process faster, with fewer errors and more efficiently.
The KY-EDRS also:
- Saves time and effort by enabling death certificate completion electronically.
- Incorporates edits for enhanced accuracy in completing death certificates.
- Supports the completion and filing of a death record that is partially an electronic record and partially a paper certificate if all participants are not online.
- Improves death data registration speed and quality.
- Eliminates the need to physically locate medical certifiers to obtain signatures.
- Electronically verifies decedent Social Security number with Social Security Administration, thus reducing errors.
- Enables faster death registration at the OVS, improving turnaround time for obtaining certified copies for families.
- Ensures security by utilizing electronic authentication of all users.
KY-EDRS Medical Certifier Training Schedule
The Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics is pleased to announce that we are now offering medical certifier face-to-face training sessions on how to register and file death certificates through the new KY-EDRS. The following training dates are currently scheduled. All sessions are conducted from 9 to 11 a.m., Eastern time.
|Aug. 13, 2014
|Sept. 10, 2014
|Oct. 8, 2014
|Nov. 12, 2014
|Dec. 10, 2014
These two-hour training sessions are available to all medical certifiers and medical certifier assistants. Training will take place at the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services in the CHR Building located at 275 East Main St., Frankfort. Though KY-EDRS training is not mandatory for medical certifiers or assistants to participate in the online system, certifiers may find it helpful to take part in one of these face-to-face training sessions with OVS staff. Please call (866) 451-3781 to enroll.
KY-EDRS Help Desk Telephone Numbers:
Staff is available during regular business hours to answer questions and provide assistance using the KY-EDRS. Please use the following telephone numbers:
- For questions about using the KY-EDRS call (877)545-6175 during regular business hours.
- For help resetting your password call (877) 545-6175 during regular business hours.
- For questions about proper completion of the death certificate (business rules) call the STATLINE at (866) 451-3781 or call (502) 564-4212, exts. 3231, 3232 or 3260 during regular business hours.
KY-EDRS User Guides:
Funeral Director User Guide
Medical Certifier User Guide
Login Information for KY-EDRS:
Log in link for active participants only. If you are interested in becoming an active participant, please contact the Office of Vital Statistics at (866) 451-3781.
KOG and KY-EDRS Registration and User Guide
Login to KY-EDRS
KY-EDRS Administrator Approver User Agreement Form
A funeral director, coroner or medical certifier can be a KY-EDRS administrator for his or her facility. If the KY-EDRS administrator role is delegated to an assistant in the facility, this form must be completed to establish the administrator role.
The form with the original signatures must be mailed or hand delivered to the Office of Vital Statistics.
*Please see appropriate KY-EDRS user guide for further information.
Administrator Approver User Agreement Form