The mission of CHFS is to deliver quality services that enhance the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
To become a recognized national leader in state-level health and human services through continuous quality improvement and accountability by:
- Improving delivery of health and family services through quality customer service,
- Promoting individual self-sufficiency and community sustainability for the betterment of the vulnerable population,
- Fostering higher health awareness through education that engages all individuals and communities,
- Enhancing use of technology to increase service efficiency and effectiveness,
- Educating, empowering, and deploying a highly skilled workforce.
- Gov. Beshear Honors Exemplary Volunteers
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Governor Steve Beshear today honored 14 groups and individuals from across the state for their volunteer and service contributions at a ceremony in Frankfort.
- Madison County Group Receives Award for Elder Abuse Prevention
Friday, July 18, 2014
A Richmond community group has received an award from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) to help its efforts to stop elder abuse. CHFS presented the Public Awareness Initiative award for $250 to the Madison County Council for Elder Maltreatment Prevention (CEMP) at a conference focusing on elder abuse prevention last month.
- New Office Offers Support for Children and Adults with Autism
Thursday, July 17, 2014
The Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CCSHCN) has announced a new Office of Autism has been established at the agency.