The mission of CHFS is to deliver quality services that enhance the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
To become a recognized national leader in state-level health and human services through continuous quality improvement and accountability by:
- Improving delivery of health and family services through quality customer service,
- Promoting individual self-sufficiency and community sustainability for the betterment of the vulnerable population,
- Fostering higher health awareness through education that engages all individuals and communities,
- Enhancing use of technology to increase service efficiency and effectiveness,
- Educating, empowering, and deploying a highly skilled workforce.
- Follow Safe Sleep Recommendations for Infants
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) reminds parents to follow recommended safe sleep practices for infants, particularly during the colder winter months, which present different challenges for keeping babies warm and free from danger
- Public Health Reporting Widespread Flu Activity
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) officials reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this week that the influenza (flu) activity level in the state has increased from “regional” to “widespread.”
- Get Vaccinated Against Flu during National Influenza Vaccination Week
Friday, December 05, 2014
State public health officials are encouraging Kentuckians to get a flu vaccination during National Influenza Vaccination Week, Dec. 7-13, to reduce the spread of illness this holiday season.