The mission of CHFS is to deliver quality services that enhance the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
To become a recognized national leader in state-level health and human services through continuous quality improvement and accountability by:
- Improving delivery of health and family services through quality customer service,
- Promoting individual self-sufficiency and community sustainability for the betterment of the vulnerable population,
- Fostering higher health awareness through education that engages all individuals and communities,
- Enhancing use of technology to increase service efficiency and effectiveness,
- Educating, empowering, and deploying a highly skilled workforce.
- New Hotline Helps Kinship Relatives Caring for Children; Caregivers can get answers, support from toll-free phone line
Thursday, June 11, 2015
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) has launched a Kinship Support Hotline to provide continued assistance to kinship relatives.
The hotline provides kinship relatives the chance to address program issues, talk about problems or ask questions. Local office staff will answer hotline calls.
- Winter Storm Leaves Behind Potential Water, Food Safety Risks
Friday, February 27, 2015
Many private residences, businesses, schools and other public facilities across the Commonwealth, especially in eastern Kentucky, have been impacted or closed for an extended period of time following the recent winter storm, creating the potential for increased risks related to water and food safety.
- Nominations Sought for Governor’s Service Awards; Deadline is Feb. 18
Friday, January 16, 2015
It’s time to consider making a nomination for one of the 2015 Governor’s Service Awards. To honor these individuals and groups and highlight the impact of volunteerism and service, the Kentucky Commission on Community Volunteerism and Service (KCCVS), an agency of the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, is now accepting nominations for the awards, which honor service completed in 2014.