Office of Administrative and Technology Services
The Office of Administrative and Technology Services (OATS) administers a broad range of Cabinet programs and services, from information technology to facilities management. OATS is dedicated to providing efficient, effective, quality services for CHFS staff and the general public.
OATS provides technical oversight of numerous programs that touch the lives of Kentuckians, including the Kentucky Health Information Exchange, CHFS capital construction projects and contract oversight and review.
The office brings together key Cabinet leaders to achieve its complex mission. Specifically, the office is responsible for:
- Strategic direction and oversight of Cabinet technology resources and projects;
- Support and oversight of Cabinet accounting services to ensure compliance with state, federal and accepted accounting guidelines;
- Managing Cabinet nonprofessional services (price) contracts and commodity procurement;
- Oversight, monitoring, auditing and assuring process compliance with the Kentucky Model Procurement Code, FAPs and CHFS policies and procedures;
- Coordination and development of the CHFS six-year capital plan and budget requests;
- Facilitation and monitoring in-house and capital construction projects for Cabinet-owned properties/buildings;
- Training and safety inspections to ensure Cabinet offices/facilities are safe, compliant environments for staff, clients and visitors;
- Installation, relocation and maintenance of telephone equipment;
- Operation and maintenance of network infrastructure;
- Statewide maintenance and support of CHFS desktop systems;
- End user support for network and security issues; and
- Telecommunication support.
Deck Decker, Executive Director
275 E. Main St. 4W-A
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 564-0105
Fax: (502) 564-0302
Division of General Accounting
- Provides consistent, accurate accounting services, including grant management, travel reimbursement, payment for goods and services
- Maintenance of accounting systems
- Oversees the Cabinet Cost Allocation Plan
Division Of Procurement Services and Grant Oversight
- Provides oversight and monitoring of procurement activities for all CHFS entities
- Responsible for the acquisition of goods and non-professional services
- Responsible for ProCard purchases, wireless devices, copiers and postage meters
Division of Facilities Management
- Coordinates the six-year Capital Plan
- Implements and monitors capital projects
- Coordinates safety activities
- Negotiates leases for and inspects leased space
- Tracks fixed assets
- Ensures adequate insurance coverage and claims processing
- Provides services related to space planning, project oversight, moving coordination, record retention management and cost distribution data
Division of Social Support Services
- Development and maintenance of the Cabinet's 61 mission-critical systems, some of significant size and complexity such as KASES, TWIST, KICCS, eKASPER, Vital Statistics and Health Alerts Network
- Development and maintenance of approximately 200 smaller departmental applications critical to the day-to-day functions of the Cabinet
Division of Eligibility Systems
- Development and maintenance of the Cabinet’s Integrated Eligibility System and various miscellaneous mainframe systems
- Develops, maintains and provides administration of online information technology resources.
Division of Eligibility Systems
The Division of Eligibility Services manages the development and maintenance of the Cabinet’s Integrated Eligibility System and various miscellaneous mainframe systems.
Division of Strategic Services
- Responsible for monitoring and overseeing the service levels and issues related to external IT services received from entities contracted with the Cabinet.
- Provides services necessary to analyze and match records in an effort to promote data integrity and governance throughout the Cabinet.
- Provides senior-level technical support for enterprise IT tools such as our Master Data Management software.
Security and Audit Section
- Manages information security issues and regulatory compliance for Cabinet information technology resources
- Coordinates responses to outside audits involving IT security and regulatory compliance for protecting IT resources
- Investigates and responds to IT security incidents involving possible loss of Cabinet information technology resources
Division of Medicaid Systems
- Provides oversight and monitoring of all Medicaid-related systems
- Develops and maintains automated solutions for Medicaid business processes
- Provides leadership for the procurement of Medicaid-related systems
- Secures enhanced federal funding for Medicaid systems projects via the advanced planning documents