Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (Banner Imagery) - Go to home page

Complaint Information

Information Needed For Complaints

Complaint information should include:

  • Name of center or certified home provider.
  • Who is the complainant?
  • What is the complaint? (Describe the facts of the complaint situation.)
  • Who is/are the alleged perpetrator(s)?
  • How was the child affected?
  • When did the complaint situation occur? Was it an isolated event or an ongoing situation? (Include the date, time, time between different events.)
  • Where did it happen?
  • How did it happen? What was the sequence of events?
  • Is the child or the family of the child involved?
  • Who witnessed the complaint situation?
  • Names of staff or other children involved. Also, include other persons involved, such as volunteers or visitors.
  • Was the center or certified provider made aware of the complaint?
  • What actions were taken by the center or certified provider?

To report a complaint against a licensed child care center or certified family child care home, contact the appropriate regional office as noted below. To see what region to report to please follow link to the Regional Map.

Western Enforcement Branch

Western State Hospital
Hopkinsville, Kentucky 42240
Phone: (270) 889-6052
Fax: (270) 889-6088 or (270) 889-6089

Northern Enforcement Branch

L&N Building, 10-W
908 West Broadway
Louisville, Kentucky 40203
Phone: (502) 595-5781
Fax: (502) 595-3085

Southern Enforcement Branch

116 Commerce Avenue
London, Kentucky 40744
Phone: (606) 330-2030
Fax: (606) 330-2056

Eastern Enforcement Branch

455 Park Place
P.O. Box 12250
Lexington, Kentucky 40582
Phone: (859) 246-2301
Fax: (859) 246-2768


Last Updated 8/26/2016