Independent Laboratory providers are identified by an eight-digit provider number beginning with 37. For information regarding laboratory services for all other providers, please call the Medicaid representative for the provider program, such as hospital, ambulatory surgical clinics, renal dialysis, etc.
Kentucky Medicaid laboratory provider eligibility criteria include:
- CLIA certified to perform laboratory services; and
- See 907 KAR 1:028 for new laboratory director requirements.
A laboratory provider may perform Medicaid laboratory services for Medicaid recipients only to the extent authorized by the provider's CLIA certificate. Laboratory services do not require prior authorization, but must be medically necessary. Reimbursement for independent lab is based on the Kentucky Medicare fee schedule.
If you are a member and have questions, please contact Member Services at (800) 635-2570.
Provider Contact Information
- For billing questions, contact DXC at (800) 807-1232 or visit the website.
- For provider questions, contact the Provider Services Call Center at (855) 824 5615.
- For provider enrollment or revalidation questions, contact Provider Enrollment at (877) 838-5085.
- For KyHealth-net assistance, email DXC.
- To report fraud and abuse, contact Fraud Hotline at (502) 564-2348.