The CHFS Families and Children Administrative Hearings Branch schedules administrative hearings conducted by hearing officers in many diverse programs and services provided participants by CHFS Department for Community Based Services divisions of family support, protection and permanency and child care and the Department for Income Support Division of Child Support, Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange and the Department for Aging and Independent Living.
Hearing Officers conduct hearings scheduled as the result of appeals requested by program participants after unresolved questions involving program services and administrative actions involving recipient eligibility for programs such as:
- Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) including initial and ongoing eligibility for monthly payments, eligibility as an incapacitated individual, non-participation in the Kentucky Works Program (KWP) and concerning other services provided by the Department for Community Based Services.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – former Food Stamp Program) including initial and ongoing eligibility for program benefits, participation in the employment and training program and recoupment of overpayment of benefits. Conducts hearings for individuals the agency suspects committed an intentional Program violation.
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), including recoupment of overpayment of benefits and hearings for individuals the agency suspects committed an intentional Program violation.
- Kentucky’s Health Benefit Exchange.
- Medicaid including initial and ongoing eligibility for medical benefits, eligibility as a permanent and totally disabled individual and monthly personal obligation for cost of nursing facility care.
- Division of Child Support Enforcement including obligation amounts, tax intercept, payment arrearages and suspension of drivers licenses.
- Division of Protection and Permanency including program issues about services for and treatment of families and children.