Information and resources for KY Immunization Registry (KYIR) contributors.
Onboarding Resources for Providers
Local Implementation Guide
Patient Eligibility Funding Codes
Funding Source Codes
Provider Onboarding Report
KYIR Onboarding Process
View the Provider Onboarding Report to identify a provider's onboard status with KYIR.
NEWS FROM KHIE
KHIE is moving to a new HIE solution that will provide enhanced features and functionality to give health care providers access to valuable health information when and where it is needed.
As KHIE migrates participants to the new solution, you may not see all of the new or most recent immunization data from some Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR) participants. Historical KYIR data will not be affected.
As with any technology transition, temporary disruptions and delays may occur. The KHIE project plan ensures no loss of data from any KHIE participant and all immunization messages will continue to flow to KHIE. However, there will be a delay in pushing some of those messages to KYIR. (Note: This does not affect every provider submitting immunization messages.)
Messages will go into a queue and scheduled to flow again to the KYIR as early as mid-December. Providers submitting immunization messages to KYIR through KHIE and working with KHIE to migrate data may be assured their data will eventually make it to the registry.
As always, keep in mind that the immunization record should not be considered a comprehensive record.
NEWS FROM KYIR
VFC program participants are advised to follow any specific instructions from the VFC program administrator.
We will continue to update the KYIR Web page and the Provider Onboarding Report.
Providers in status 11 (connection changing) will have their immunizations placed in a holding state until the KHIE transition is complete. Immunization data in a holding state will pass through to KYIR beginning in mid-December. KYIR will continue to be available during the entire transitional period.
The onboarding process consists of these steps:
- The Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE) outreach coordinator communicates to providers about KYIR.
- Provider signs and KHIE processes the participation agreement.
- KHIE/KYIR/provider hold an online meeting/conference call and discuss points of care to be onboarded.
- Provider participant confirms what facilities administer immunizations.
- KYIR technical analyst sets up the provider with demographic information into the Immunization registry. This requires the HL7 facility code, RXA 11.4.
- Provider’s EHR connects to KHIE and then KHIE provides HL7 message header and patient identifier values to EHR.
- Provider’s technical team send HL7 test message to KHIE test environment.
- After successful immunization records reach KYIR, KHIE sends meaningful use confirmation to provider.
- The KYIR- or KHIE-assigned onboarder provides link to important documents for onboarding.
- The KYIR technical analyst tests the immunization records for HL7 message data quality.
- The KYIR technical analyst works with the provider’s technical contact to achieve quality benchmark.
- KHIE architect directs the point of care to the production environment.
- HL7 messages begin sending to KYIR.
- The KYIR technical team monitor for data quality with the KIP team assisting with the quality benchmark.
- Historical records may be added to backfill the registry.