Information and resources for Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR) contributors.
Onboarding Resources for Providers
Local Implementation Guide
Implementation Guide Addendum
Patient Eligibility Funding Codes
Funding Source Codes
Onboarding Contact Sheet
Provider Onboarding Report
KYIR Onboarding Process
View the Provider Onboarding Report to identify a provider's onboard status with KYIR.
A newly launched KHIE solution provides enhanced features and functionality giving health care providers access to valuable health information when and where it is needed.
If you do not see all new or most recent immunization data from some KYIR participants, please notify us by sending an email. Historical IR data also may be requested to be sent to the registry.
As with any technology transition, temporary
disruptions and delays may occur. The KHIE project plan ensures no loss of data
from any KHIE participant and all immunization messages will continue to flow
to KHIE. As always, keep in mind that the immunization record should not be
considered a comprehensive record.
News from KYIR
VFC program participants are advised to follow any specific instructions from the VFC program administrator.
We will continue to update the KYIR Web page and the Provider Onboarding Report.
The onboarding process consists of these steps:
- The Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE) outreach coordinator communicates to providers about KYIR.
- Provider signs and KHIE processes the participation agreement.
- KHIE/KYIR/provider hold an online meeting/conference call and discuss points of care to be onboarded.
- Provider participant confirms what facilities administer immunizations.
- KYIR technical analyst sets up the provider with demographic information into the Immunization registry. This requires the HL7 facility code, RXA 11.4.
- Provider’s EHR connects to KHIE and then KHIE provides HL7 message header and patient identifier values to EHR.
- Provider’s technical team send HL7 test message to KHIE test environment.
- After successful immunization records reach KYIR, KHIE sends meaningful use confirmation to provider.
- The KYIR- or KHIE-assigned onboarder provides link to important documents for onboarding.
- The KYIR technical analyst tests the immunization records for HL7 message data quality.
- The KYIR technical analyst works with the provider’s technical contact to achieve quality benchmark.
- KHIE architect directs the point of care to the production environment.
- HL7 messages begin sending to KYIR.
- The KYIR technical team monitor for data quality with the KIP team assisting with the quality benchmark.
- Historical records may be added to backfill the registry.