Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

The Child Caring/Child Placing Branch is responsible for licensing and investigating complaints against residential treatment facilities including group homes, institutions, emergency shelters and wilderness programs, as well as child placing agencies defined as private foster care.

The initial licensing fee for a residential child caring facility or a child placing agency is $100 and $50 for annual renewals.

Listings for all licensed child caring/placing facilities and agencies: 

General Information

Reporting A Complaint

To the Office of the Inspector General: Please contact the human services surveyor supervisor, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time at (502) 595-5775 or fax to (502) 595-5773.

To report child abuse or neglect: Please contact Community Based Services on the statewide hotline at (877) 597-2331.

R-Post/Registered Email

The CC/CP Branch uses R-Post, a registered email service. Please ensure you keep the CC/CP Branch informed of any changes to your contact information. 

To update your information, please email: James Gray

Survey Tools

Please use the links below to complete your own mock survey prior to the arrival of the surveyor.

Residential Child Caring Facility 

Child Placing Agency