The law, KRS 210.770 defines it as: The Hart-Supported Living Program means grants that provide a broad category of highly flexible, individualized services that, when combined with natural unpaid or other eligible paid supports, provide the necessary assistance to do the following:
- Provide the support necessary to enable a person who is disabled to live in a home of the person's choice which is typical of those living arrangements in which persons without disabilities reside;
- Encourage the individual's integrated participation in the community with persons who are members of the general citizenry;
- Promote the individual's rights and autonomy;
- Enhance the individual's skills and competences in living in the community; and
- Enable the individual's acceptance in the community by promoting home ownership or leasing arrangements in the name of the individual or the individual's family or guardian.
Is Hart-Supported Living a Program for You?
Any Kentuckian with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act is eligible to apply for funding. Specifically, the statute for Hart-Supported Living, KRS 210.770, defines what is meant by person with a disability.
You (and/or your family, friends and the people who support you) should consider applying for Hart-Supported Living funds if you meet the definition and you want to:
- Live in a home of your choice that is typical of the homes where people without disabilities live;
- Participate in your community with all members of the community;
- Decide for yourself what supports and services you need to live in the community; and
- Arrange for and manage your own supports.
Hart-Supported Living funds do not support:
- Segregated living models such as any housing situation which physically or socially isolates people with disabilities from general citizens of the community;
- Segregated programs or activities which physically or socially isolate people with disabilities from general citizens of the community;
- Congregate living models such as any housing situation which groups individuals with disabilities in an enclave within an integrated setting;
- Any model where the individual, as an adult, does not have maximum control of the home environment commensurate with the individual's disabilities; and
- Any single living unit where more than three people with disabilities live.
How Do I Find Out More About Supported Living?
Hart-Supported Living Description
This document contains a description of the Hart-Supported Living Program, as well as information about the following topics:
- Supports that can be requested
- Eligibility for Hart-Supported Living
- Completing your application
- Submitting your application
- Application review and funding process
Regional Hart-Supported Living Coordinators
PO Box 548
Bardwell, KY 42023
Phone: (502) 229-9110
Counties: Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union and Webster.
PO Box 2010
Bowling Green, KY 42102
Phone: (502) 229-5211
Counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Breckinridge, Butler, Cumberland, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Logan, Meade, Metcalf, Monroe, Nelson, Ohio, Simpson, Taylor and Warren.
PO Box 206037
Louisville, KY 40220
Phone: (502) 229-6500
Counties: Bullitt, Jefferson, and Spencer.
PO Box 33
Richmond, KY 40476
Phone: (502) 229-2102
Counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Harrison, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott, Washington, and Woodford.
PO Box 699
Science Hill, KY 42553
Phone: (502) 229-9079
Counties: Bell, Boyle, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Estill, Garrard, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Lincoln, McCreary, Owsley, Powell, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne and Whitley.
PO Box 498
Ironton, OH 45638
Phone: (502) 229-6863
Counties: Bath, Boyd, Bracken, Breathitt, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Floyd, Greenup, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Lewis, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Morgan, Nicholas, Perry, Pike, Robertson, Rowan and Wolfe.
275 E. Main St. 3E-E
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 229-5015
Counties: Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Henry, Kenton, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Shelby and Trimble.
Hart-Supported Living Council Meeting
Feb. 8, 2019
10 a.m. - noon
CHFS, James Thompson Conference Room, 275 E. Main St.
February 8 Agenda.docx
April 19, 2019
10 a.m. - noon
CHFS, DPH Conference Suite B, 275 E. Main St.