The statute enabling the state Hart-Supported Living Program is KRS 210.770. It provides that the program provides grants for a broad category of flexible, individualized services that, when combined with natural unpaid or other eligible paid supports, provide the necessary assistance to:
- Provide support necessary to enable a disabled person to live in a home of the person's choice, typical of living arrangements for persons without disabilities;
- Encourage integrated participation in the community with persons among the general citizenry;
- Promote rights and autonomy;
- Enhance skills and competences in living in the community; and
- Enable acceptance in the community by promoting home ownership or leasing arrangements.
Is Hart-Supported Living a Program for You?
Any Kentuckian with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act and KRS 210.770 may apply for funding.
You and/or those who support you should consider applying for Hart-Supported Living funds if you meet the definition and you want to:
- Live in a home of your choice typical of homes where people without disabilities live;
- Participate in your community with all members of the community;
- Decide for yourself what supports and services you need to live in the community; and
- Arrange for and manage your own supports.
Hart-Supported Living funds do not support:
- Segregated living models, programs or activities that physically or socially isolate people with disabilities from the general citizen community;
- Congregate living models that group individuals with disabilities in an enclave within an integrated setting;
- Any model where the adult individual does not have maximum control of the home environment commensurate with the individual's disabilities; and
- Any single living unit where more than three people with disabilities live.
How Do I Find Out More About Supported Living?
Hart-Supported Living Description describes:
Serve on the Hart-Supported Living Council
The Hart-Supported Living Council makes recommendations to the Department for Aging and Independent Living for:
- Budget and allocation priorities for supported living services for persons with disabilities in KY.
- Quality assurance standards for persons with disabilities who receive supported living services in accordance with KRS 210.770-210.795.
- Procedure for annual review and approval and funding recommendations for HSL plans and for the amendment of HSL plans during a fiscal year.
The Council is responsible for:
- Disseminating information about HSL grants available under KRS 210.770 to 210.795.
- Hearing grievances and providing due process for consumers and providers of supported living services.
- Monitoring the overall effectiveness and quality of the program.
- Developing recommendations for improvements.
Council members are appointed to three-year terms by the governor. If you are interested in serving, fill out this Application Form and send, along with a current resume, to Scott Sisco.
Regional Hart-Supported Living Coordinators
PO Box 548
Bardwell, KY 42023
Phone: (502) 229-9110
Counties: Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union and Webster.
PO Box 2010
Bowling Green, KY 42102
Phone: (502) 229-5211
Counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Breckinridge, Butler, Cumberland, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Logan, Meade, Metcalf, Monroe, Nelson, Ohio, Simpson, Taylor and Warren.
PO Box 206037
Louisville, KY 40220
Phone: (502) 229-6500
Counties: Bullitt, Jefferson and Spencer.
PO Box 33
Richmond, KY 40476
Phone: (502) 229-2102
Counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Harrison, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott, Washington and Woodford.
PO Box 699
Science Hill, KY 42553
Phone: (502) 229-9079
Counties: Bell, Boyle, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Estill, Garrard, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Lincoln, McCreary, Owsley, Powell, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne and Whitley.
PO Box 498
Ironton, OH 45638
Phone: (502) 229-6863
Counties: Bath, Boyd, Bracken, Breathitt, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Floyd, Greenup, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Lewis, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Morgan, Nicholas, Perry, Pike, Robertson, Rowan and Wolfe.
PO Box 797
Lancaster, KY 40444
Phone: (502) 229-5015
Counties: Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Henry, Kenton, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Shelby and Trimble.
Hart-Supported Living Council Meetings
All meetings are held 10 a.m. - noon in Health Services Conference Suite C, 275 E. Main St., Frankfort
June 21, 2019
June 21 Agenda.docx
Aug. 16, 2019
Oct. 18, 2019
Dec. 20, 2019
Feb. 21, 2020
April 17, 2020