The statute enabling the state Hart-Supported Living Program, KRS 210.770, provides that the program makes grants for a broad category of flexible, individualized services that, when combined with natural unpaid or other eligible paid supports:
- Help a disabled person live in a home of the person's choice, typical of living arrangements for persons without disabilities;
- Encourage participation in the community with persons among the general population;
- Promote rights and autonomy;
- Enhance skills and abilities to live successfully in the community; and
- Enable acceptance in the community by promoting home ownership or leasing arrangements.
Is Hart-Supported Living for You?
Any Kentuckian with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act and KRS 210.770 should consider applying for Hart-Supported Living funds if your goal is to:
- Live in a home of your choice typical of homes of those without disabilities;
- Participate in and with all members of your community;
- Decide for yourself what supports and services you need to live in the community; and
- Arrange for and manage your own supports.
Hart-Supported Living funds do not support:
- Segregated living models, programs or activities that physically or socially isolate people with disabilities from the general community;
- Congregate living models that group individuals with disabilities in an enclave within an integrated setting;
- Any model where the adult individual does not have maximum control of the home environment commensurate with the individual's abilities; and
- Any single living unit where more than three people with disabilities live.
How Do I Find Out More About Supported Living?
Description of HSL includes information about
Contact us by email
or reach out to your Regional Coordinator below.
Regional Hart-Supported Living Coordinators
PO Box 548
Bardwell, KY 42023
Phone: (502) 229-9110
Counties: Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union and Webster.
PO Box 2010
Bowling Green, KY 42102
Phone: (502) 229-5211
Counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Breckinridge, Butler, Cumberland, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Logan, Meade, Metcalf, Monroe, Nelson, Ohio, Simpson, Taylor and Warren.
PO Box 206037
Louisville, KY 40220
Phone: (502) 229-6500
Counties: Bullitt, Jefferson and Spencer.
PO Box 33
Richmond, KY 40476
Phone: (502) 229-2102
Counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Harrison, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Montgomery, Powell, Scott, Washington and Woodford.
PO Box 699
Science Hill, KY 42553
Phone: (502) 229-9079
Counties: Bell, Boyle, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Garrard, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Lincoln, McCreary, Owsley, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne and Whitley.
PO Box 498
Ironton, OH 45638
Phone: (502) 229-6863
Counties: Bath, Boyd, Bracken, Breathitt, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Floyd, Greenup, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Lewis, Magoffin, Martin, Mason, Menifee, Morgan, Nicholas, Perry, Pike, Robertson, Rowan and Wolfe.
PO Box 797
Lancaster, KY 40444
Phone: (502) 229-5015
Counties: Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Henry, Kenton, Oldham, Owen, Pendleton, Shelby and Trimble.
Hart-Supported Living Council Meetings
All meetings are held 10 a.m. - noon via Zoom until further notice.
Email the program for access.
June 19, 2020
Aug. 21, 2020
Oct. 16, 2020
Dec. 11, 2020
Feb. 19, 2021
April 16, 2021