The Division of Family Support is responsible for administering the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program, Kentucky Works Program, Family Alternatives Diversion Program and the Medicaid programs. Applications for these programs are taken in Department for Community Based Services offices in all 120 counties, by phone toll-free at 1 (855) 306-8959, or online at benefind.ky.gov.
The division also manages the Community Services Block Grant, the Nutrition Education Program, the SNAP Nutrition Education Program, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, State Supplementation, and assists with the administration of the electronic benefit transfer cards, along with policy development for all division program areas.
KTAP Program Assistance Section
- Develops procedural instructions for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash benefit program, known in Kentucky as the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (KTAP)
- Develops procedural instructions for the Kentucky Works Program (KWP)
- Reviews state and federal regulations regarding KTAP and KWP
- Provides technical assistance to DCBS field staff
Technical Support Section
- Ensures Program Integrity in all public assistance programs
- Reviews the work of DCBS field staff for accuracy and correct application of program policy
- Processes state and federal matches received
Report Medicaid and Welfare Fraud to the Inspector General.
Call the hotline number at 1-800-372-2970.