The Nutrition Assistance Branch consists of the Nutrition Program Assistance Section, the Claims Management Section and the Simplified Assistance for the Elderly Section.
We encourage you to call the DCBS Family Support toll-free number at (855) 306-8959 to start an application or applications for SNAP may be started online.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted to complete an interview. The head of your household, or an authorized representative, must be interviewed before the application can be completed.
For more information on SNAP, contact your local Department for Community Based Services office.
Nutrition Program Assistance Section
- Develops procedural instructions and issues policy clarifications regarding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in Kentucky
- Reviews state and federal SNAP regulations
- Provides technical assistance to DCBS field staff
Claims Management Section
- Oversees the collection of overpayments for programs administered by the Division of Family Support
- Tracks claims referred to the Office of Inspector General for investigation or prosecution
Simplified Assistance for the Elderly (SAFE) Section
- Administer a simplified SNAP program specifically for SSI recipients age 60 or over
- Assists potential SAFE applicants in determining whether SNAP or SAFE would provide the greatest benefit to their household