The Medical Support and Benefits Branch (MSBB) is primarily responsible for supporting DCBS field staff in the interpretation and clarification of Medicaid Policy and Procedures, as well as statewide Medicaid Case Processing for Guardianship (wards of the state) and U-Cases (psychiatric - children).
In addition, the branch is responsible for the special issuance of KYHEALTH cards which are lost, stolen or that have to be issued in “Dire” Circumstances (including MED-Yes cards and MA coverage letters to providers).
MSBB develops procedural instructions and forms for the Medicaid Program as well as provides technical assistance to DCBS field staff. The branch gives information concerning the Medicaid Program for Medicaid recipients, other agencies, the general public and community organizations.
The Medical Support and Benefits Branch (MSBB) consists of the Medicaid Program Assistance Section and the Case Processing Section.
Medicaid Program Assistance Section
- Develops procedural instructions for the Medicaid Program
- Reviews state and federal regulations regarding Medicaid
- Provides technical assistance as requested by DCBS field staff
- Distributes material and correspondence to DCBS field staff.
Case Processing Section
- Maintains working caseload of adult guardianship cases
- Determines retro medical assistance for SSI recipients
- Issues emergency medical cards for SSI recipients
MSBB is responsible for developing procedural instructions and forms for the Medicaid Program. MSBB also provides technical assistance to DCBS field staff and provides information concerning the Medicaid Program for Medicaid recipients, other agencies, the general public and community organizations.
Report Medicaid and Welfare Fraud to the Inspector General. Call the hotline number at 1-800-372-2970. Go to the Division of Audits and Investigations for further information.