Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

What It Is

WIC provides nutrition education and services, breastfeeding promotion and education, monthly food prescription of nutritious foods and access to health-care services.

WIC saves lives and improves the health of nutritionally at-risk women, infants and children. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Free Communication Assistance

Free communication assistance is the use of an interpreter or other communication services to assist the participant to effectively communicate with clinic staff. Communication services include but are not limited to: qualified interpreter, language line, sign language interpreter, use of a qualified reader, information in large print, Braille, video remote interpreting, written notes, note takers, etc.

Asistencia Gratuita para la Comunicación

La asistencia gratuita para la comunicación consiste en el uso de un intérprete u otros servicios de comunicación para ayudar al participante a comunicarse efectivamente con el personal de la clínica. Los servicios de comunicación incluyen, entre otras cosas, intérprete cualificado, servicio de interpretación telefónica, intérprete de lenguaje de señas, uso de un lector cualificado, información en tipografía grande, Braille, interpretación remota por video, notas escritas, personas que toman notas, etc.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at How to File a Complaint at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA. In your letter provide all information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.