COVID 19 coronavirus outbreak
Keep up with the latest news and information at the
DPH KY covid-19
Administrative Regulation Notices
The Department for Public Health filed the following administrative regulations with the Legislative Research Commission (LRC) July 13, 2021. These administrative regulations will be published on the
For these administrative regulations, written public comments may be submitted to the
Office of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs through Sept. 30, 2021. An online public hearing on these administrative regulations will be held by Zoom Sept. 27, 2021 at 9 a.m. Eastern time upon request to the
Office of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs. If a public hearing is requested, meeting log-in information will be forwarded prior to the hearing.
902 KAR 10:120 Kentucky public swimming and bathing facilities The amendment to this administrative regulation:
- Removes terms not used in the regulation;
- Clarifies construction plan submission requirements;
- Clarifies that an inspection is required prior to air pressure testing and covering the recirculation piping system;
- Adds that the depth of water surrounding an inflatable water feature at a beach where diving is permitted be at least 9 feet, five inches ;
- Clarifies the required turnover rates and updates disinfection standards for public swimming and bathing facilities and spas;
- Ensures all openings and grates comply with federal swimming pool and spa drain cover standards;
- Requires supplemental ultraviolent light disinfection systems on splash pads with recirculating water systems;
- Prohibits the use of glass chlorinators for new construction and ensures glass chlorinators on existing facilities comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards for storage of hazardous chemicals;
- Clarifies life and safety requirements including the safety equipment and number of lifeguards;
- Clarifies that a variance request is for construction requirements;
- Incorporates required daily log to be completed by the facility operator and inspection forms.
902 KAR 010:190 Splash pads operated by local governments establishes operation and maintenance procedures for public splash pads.
902 KAR 48:010 Definitions for 902 KAR Chapter 48 updates defined terms.
902 KAR 48:020 Training and certification requirements for persons who perform lead-hazard detection or abatement incorporates application for those seeking certification as a lead-hazard inspector, risk assessor, project designer, supervisor, abatement worker or sampling technician and the application for lead-hazard company certification.
902 KAR 48:030 Accreditation of training programs and providers of educational programs for individuals who perform lead-hazard detection and abatement incorporates application for lead-hazard training accreditation.
902 KAR 48:040 Lead-hazard abatement permit fees, permit requirements and procedures and standards for performing lead-hazard detection and abatement clarifies requirements for an abatement floor plan and cites federal EPA hazard values.
Administrative Regulations in Process
902 KAR 2:212E
902 KAR 2:221E
902 KAR 4:150
902 KAR 030-210