KDPCP meets it objectives using:
- Community coalition mobilization
- County diabetes assessments
- Community awareness education
- Diabetes and prediabetes group education
- Professional education
- Quality improvement
- Surveillance, reports, evaluation
Kentucky Diabetes Resources
D lists classes, support groups and coalitions by county and surrounding area. The directory also provides links to websites that list diabetes specialists and educators by location. iabetes Resource Directory
National Diabetes Prevention Programs
The National Diabetes Prevention Program led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention emphasizes lifestyle changes proven to prevent type 2 diabetes.
Find a map of organizations offering CDC-recognized Diabetes Prevention Program in Kentucky at NDPP APP.
Kentucky Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Programs
Diabetes self-management education and support (DSME) can help you learn to manage your diabetes as part of your daily life. DSME is proven to:
- Improve blood sugar control leading to decreased risk for diabetes complications
- Increase self-confidence about taking care of your diabetes
- Increase healthy eating and physical activity
- Improve quality of life
To view a map of accredited or recognized programs near you that meet national quality standards for DSME programs, visit DSMES APP.