Family planning is a process that lets you decide when you want to have children.
Whether or not you are ready to have children, family planning can help you make choices that support your decision.
Confidential family planning services for women, men and teenagers include
FDA approved birth control methods
Combined hormonal contraceptives
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormone patch
- Vaginal ring
- Pregnancy tests
- Testing and treatment for STDs/STIs (sexually transmitted diseases)
- Health education and counseling
- Basic infertility information
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Reproductive health screenings
- Other related lab testing
- Follow-up and referral
Benefits of Family Planning
- Having children when you want them
- Being able to prepare financially for your children
- Being healthier before and during a pregnancy
- Not worrying about an unplanned pregnancy
- Making your own decisions about birth control
- The choice is yours
Education and Counseling
The results of your check up and lab tests will be explained to you. Family planning staff will educate and counsel you about birth control methods, including fertility awareness-based methods and abstinence (not having sex). This will help you choose the best method of birth control that benefits your lifestyle.
The staff at the clinic will treat you as a unique person with your own needs and questions. Remember to have an open discussion with your partner about the method(s) that would be best for both of you.
Protect yourself from sexually transmitted infections (STI) and sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
STIs and STDs most commonly are passed during vaginal, anal or oral sex. Be alert for possible symptoms of an STI/STD. Symptom may not always occur. If you have an STI/STD, it is important to get treated as soon as possible. Ask about partner notification, too. Male latex condoms and female condoms, when used properly, are the only methods of contraception that can help protect you against STI/STD.