Women who have been screened by a local health department and found to need treatment for breast or cervical cancer can receive treatment through Kentucky Medicaid Services.
Who is eligible for the BCCTP?
- Have been screened and diagnosed with cancer by the
Kentucky Women's Cancer Screening Program through a local health department
- Have been diagnosed as needing treatment for either breast or cervical cancer, including a pre-cancerous condition or early stage cancer
- Has not obtained the age of 65
- Do not otherwise have creditable health coverage
- Are United States citizens or qualified aliens
- Are residents of Kentucky
- Are not eligible for medical assistance in any other eligible group
- Are not residents of a public institution
What services are covered?
Women eligible for the BCCTP receive the full range of Medicaid services, including:
Participants do not have to choose a managed care physician.
Length of Medicaid Eligibility
Eligible women receive Medicaid services for the duration of their treatment. Medicaid eligibility periods reflect the average treatment duration standard:
- Breast cancer - four months
- Cervical cancer - three months
- Pre-cancerous cervical - two months
- Breast disorder - two months
Some patients may require longer than the standard period of treatment and may be granted a Medicaid eligibility extension. An eligibility extension form (MAP-813D Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program Extension) can be obtained from the department's Web site or by calling toll-free (877) 298-6108. Extention requests must be initiated by the treating physician and, when request review is completed, recipients will receive a notice of their new eligibility status.
Note: Women who require routine monitoring services for pre-cancerous breast or cervical conditions (e.g. breast examinations and mammograms) are not considered to need treatment.
A Medicaid application can be filed at your local health department when screening and diagnosis reveal the need for treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer or a pre-cancerous condition.
At the time of the application, the following information is needed:
- Social Security number
- Health insurance
- Proof of immigration status for non-citizens
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identity
For billing questions: contact (800) 807-1232.
For member questions: contact Member Services at (800) 635-2570.