The Persons Returning to Society from Incarceration TAC consists of 12 members, one appointed by each of the following organizations:
- Kentucky Jailers Association
- Kentucky Medical Association
- Kentucky Association of Nurse Practitioners and Nurse-Midwives
- Community Action of Kentucky
- Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky
- Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy
- A Kentucky civil legal aid program
- Kentucky Department of Corrections
- Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy
- Kentucky Association of Regional Programs
- Kentucky Administrative Office of the Court
Additionally, one formerly incarcerated individual who is a current or former Medicaid recipient is appointed by Mental Health America of Kentucky.
TAC members serve until their successors are appointed by the organizations they represent. Anyone interested in serving on this TAC should contact the represented organizations.
Technical advisory committee ADA accommodation requests
Members of a technical advisory committee who require special accommodations may email requests to
Sharley Hughes. Requests should describe the need and requested accommodation. DMS will review the request and determine if the accommodations requested are reasonable. In the event a requested accommodation is deemed not reasonable, DMS will work with the member to identify a reasonable and effective accommodation. Accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis to address individual member needs.
Steve Shannon, Chair
James A. Daley
Shawn A. Ryan, MD
Shannon Smith-Stephens, DNP
2021 Meeting Information
Meeting dates are subject to change.
- Nov. 11
9 - 11 a.m. Eastern time via
Phone: (713) 353-0212 or (888) 822-7517
Meeting ID: 599250