Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is equipment that withstands repeated use and is used primarily to serve a definite medical purpose. It is not generally useful to a person in the absence of an illness or injury.
Medicaid covers DME such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, orthotic appliances (foot/leg braces), prosthetic devices (artificial limbs) etc., and disposable medical equipment ordered by an accepted prescriber that is medically necessary and suitable for use in the home.
Does DME Need to be Prior Authorized? Some items require prior authorization by the supplier.
If you are a member and have questions, please contact
Member Services at
Provider Contact Information
- For billing questions, contact DXC at (800) 807-1232 or visit the
- For provider questions, contact the
Provider Services Call Center at
(855) 824 5615.
- For provider enrollment or revalidation questions, contact
Provider Enrollment at (877) 838-5085.
- For KyHealth-net assistance, email DXC.
- To report fraud and abuse, contact
Fraud Hotline at
For pharmacy questions, contact Pharmacy Support Center at
For pharmacy prior authorization questions, contact
Pharmacy Prior Authorization at