What It Is
The Medicaid Waiver Management Application (MWMA) is used to enroll individuals in Medicaid Home and Community Based (HCBS) waiver programs and manage their care.
MWMA also is one of several initiatives designed to help the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) improve its HCBS programs by identifying and working toward seven improvement objectives:
- Streamline the way individuals and authorized representatives access and apply for services (i.e., no wrong door).
- Provide a portal for individuals and\or their representatives to access their information and review and approve timesheets electronically.
- Ensure the right people are enrolled in the right programs.
- Once enrolled, ensure individuals receive the services they need.
- Optimize individual care needs information sharing among authorized direct providers and reduce paperwork.
- Allow for faster authorization of services and eliminate faxing.
- Implement CMS final rules for HCBS waiver programs.
All waiver regulations mandate use of MWMA. All new waiver applications, level-of-care requests and plan-of-care requests must be submitted through MWMA. Paper or verbal processes no longer are accepted. Case managers can find more informaton on the required use of MWMA by reading the Mandatory MWMA Communication and viewing the MWMA Case Management Webinar.
You must have an MWMA username and password to access the system using the link above. If you do not have access, please contact your organization administrator.
Please note: Submitting information through MWMA starts a prescreening review to determine if an individual is eligible for a waiver program. Only those who meet the prescreening criteria will go on to a formal application.
MWMA User Support
Resources regarding the use of MWMA can be found in the Additional Information section of this page.
MWMA training materials are available on the MWMA Training Portal. Materials include the MWMA User Guide, job aids, tip sheets and web-based training courses. Individuals must be registered TRIS users to access the training portal. You can request access to the training portal by sending your name and email address to the MWMA mailbox.
If you encounter technical issues, system error messages or have general questions about MWMA, please contact the MWMA/Partner Portal Contact Center toll free at (800) 635-2570. After the DMS welcome message plays, press 1, 6 and 2 to be transferred directly to the MWMA Contact Center. The Contact Center also can be reached by email. Representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Issues not resolved by the Contact Center will be escalated to the MWMA production support team.
MWMA application issues information