The Division of Child Care supports quality child care through programs and plans that promote the improvement and expansion of statewide child care services and resources. The division also provides program coordination for subsidy payments, professional development, trainings and develops policy and procedures.
Our mission is to provide leadership in building high quality, community-based access to child care and early learning that enhances health, safety, permanency, well-being, and self-sufficiency for Kentucky's children and families.
Our vision is a nationally recognized division comprised of a highly skilled workforce that:
- Increases available quality child care that is developmentally appropriate, affordable, healthy and safe;
- Provides access to early care and education, and support to early care professionals throughout the state;
- Engages families and community partners in collaborative decision making for early care and education;
- Provides safe child care services which support stability and self-sufficiency of families;
- Utilizes technological resources to promote the improvement of outcomes in child care;
- Expands data collection and management systems that allow for evidence-based management decisions.
Kentucky CCDF State Plan
To the Citizens of the Commonwealth,
The FFY 2019-2021 Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Block Grant State Plan is now pending review and approval by the Administration for Families and Children, Office of Child Care. The Office of Child Care will send to states an initial provisional approval letter in early October and the final approval letter anticipated in mid-November. The State Plan is based on estimated receipts and should actual appropriation differ, the plan will be amended.
Eric T. Clark, Commissioner
Department for Community Based Services
Kentucky CCDF State Plan for FFY 2019-2021 - With Revisions Per OCC Review 10-31-2018
Kentucky CCDF State Plan for FFY 2019-2021 - Pending Final Federal Approval
Kentucky CCDF State Plan with Amendments for FFY 2016-2018
CCDF Half-Yr Status Report July 1 to Dec 31. 2017
CCDF Half-Yr Status Report January 1 to June 30, 2018
CCDF Funding Increase
Kentucky was awarded an additional 42 million dollars of discretionary funds through the Child Care Development Block Grant. The administration for Children and Families (ACF) requires that funds be obligated by September 30, 2019 and liquidated by September 30, 2020. For more information regarding the changes proposed due to this increase of funds, please refer to the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Funding Increase Memorandum below.
Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Funding Increase Memorandum