The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides support to help families pay for child care. The Division of Child Care is responsible for all child care provider support and The Division of Family Support helps clients apply for the program.
If you are a child care provider, please contact billing staff by email for assistance or with any questions you may have.
Eligibility for the Child Care Assistance Program
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements in
922 KAR 2:160. An applicant can see if they are elgible by using the Prescreening Tool. To apply please call toll free (855) 306-8959 or visit kynect.
KICCS Provider Portal
The KICCS Provider Portal is used by child care providers to submit billing and view documents for CCAP.
Contact KICCS for help creating an account, navigation assistance or system issues related to the Provider Portal.
Local (Frankfort): (502) 564-0104, Option 6
Toll free: (866) 231-0003, Option 6
Intentional program violation of CCAP is fraud and can result in a criminal conviction and loss of services and payments.
Intentional means misinforming the program purposefully to receive services and/or payment for services.
Parents may commit fraud by failing to report changes that affect a program benefits, such as:
- income changes - per hour rate or number of hours;
- change in household size - person leaving or coming into the home; or
- change of address.
Providers may commit fraud by wrongly charging for a child, including:
- charging a full-time rate for a child who attends part-time;
- charging for more than five absences per month without required documentation;
- charging for absences of children whose parents have terminated their child care services;
- enrolling and charging for more children than license status capacity allows. Related:
DCC-115 - CCAP Over Capacity Provider Operating Form
Kentucky Child Care Market Rate Study
The Kentucky Child Care Market Rate Study report is developed using a survey conducted every two years to gather data on the cost of child care services. All child care providers are required to participate in this survey.